Autonomous Vehicles Online on Video: Steven Wernikoff on AV regulationAdd bookmark
Automotive IQ hosted its first online event back in May. Autonomous Vehicles Online sought to identify and highlight the future trends that will shape the self-driving car industry.
We're revisiting some of the sessions from Autonomous Vehicles Online, with videos taken direct from each of the event's nine free presentations.
- Autonomous Vehicles Online on Video: Elpis Arapantonis, Volvo Cars
- Autonomous Vehicles Online on Video: Pierre Lefevre, COAST Autonomous
This week we have one of our event highlights to share with you, presented by Steven Wernikoff, who is a partner and co-leader in data security and privacy litigation practice at Honigman LLP in Chicago.
How is the testing and deployment of autonomous vehicles being regulated?
Autonomous cars have the potential to dramatically improve road safety. However, perfecting the technology comes with risks – as exemplified by high-profile accidents involving advanced driving systems.
So how do legislators and regulators balance the need to support technology that could save lives in the long term, without compromising short-term public safety? In this session, Steven will answer:
- With which laws and regulations do companies building autonomous vehicle technology need to be familiar?
- How are government agencies trying to ensure that testing takes place safely?
- What are the present privacy and cybersecurity requirements?
- With such nascent technology, how do governments ensure that regulations keep pace with development?