Become a Contributor
Become a writer for Automotive IQ
Automotive IQ is an online information source for global automotive professionals who work within areas such as autonomous drive, ISO 26262, emobility, steering systems and much more. Our members visit the Automotive IQ portal to learn about the latest industry news, thought leadership and analysis through written articles, webinars, and in-depth market reports.
Whether you work within the industry or you’re an automotive enthusiast, Automotive IQ gives you the chance to interact with a community of over 60,000 automotive professionals.
Want to see your work published on the Automotive IQ portal? Read on and find out what’s in it for you, what we are looking for and how you can get involved.
Why contribute to Automotive IQ?
- Exposure to our database of over 60,000 eager eyes. Your work won’t be seen just by our audience of automotive professionals, but it will also be part of our newsletter and shared on our social media
- Permanent hosting on the portal
- Each contributor gets their own bio and an author page
What are we looking for?
- Technical level appropriate to an engineering-oriented audience – our readers aren't coming to Automotive IQ to read about car end-user topics, so articles on seven ways to clean your car, 10 best ways to buy a personalized license plate etc are not what we're looking for
- Connected, Autonomous, Shared and Electric – articles offering a technical take on topics such as autonomous drive, e-mobility, software, cyber security, 48 volt, connected cars are right up our street, particularly if you don't find anything similar when searching the site
- Long-form articles are preferred – we don't set a word limit, but we prefer a minimum of 1000 words per article, complete with a list of appropriate links so that we can show our writers know what they're talking about
How to get involved?
To submit an article topic for consideration, please email our editor, Tom Phillips, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Contributor Automotive IQ' and the following information:
- The topic and a brief outline of your proposed article
- A bit about you, including your job title, company and full name
- Links to 2-3 of your previous writing relevant to the topics mentioned above
- A picture of yourself, along the lines of the example below:
What happens next?
We will review your article idea, then get back to you if we think it's a good fit for our readers. Then, when you submit the finished work, we'll upload it to the site and send you a private link for your approval. If you agree with how it is presented, then we'll publish it with the appropriate do-follow links. Job done!