The rise of 48V technology - an Automotive IQ eBook
We respect your privacy, by submitting this form you agree to having your details passed onto the sponsor who may promote similar products and services related to your area of interest. For further information on how we process and monitor your personal data click here.
In recent years 48 volt technology has been identified as an answer to some of the challenges faced by the automotive industry, and we are beginning to see the fruition of development in this area. Emission targets are a key driver for 48 volt systems, and electric vehicles and full hybrid vehicles have already demonstrated significant improvements in fuel efficiency.
The EU has set fleet average targets for CO2 of 95g/km by 2020, while China has installed targets of 117g/km by the same year. The US market has compelled manufacturers to reach average fuel economy targets of 54.5mpg by 2025. As the previous flirtation with higher voltage systems in the early 1990’s showed however, the cost of implementation in mass volume manufacturing has to be balanced against the benefits. Thus the development of mild-hybrid vehicles has gained traction in terms of efficiency and cost.
FIRST EXPERIENCES WITH 48V BATTERIES
- CHANGING DEMANDS
- WEIGHING UP THE COST
- 48V BENEFITS
- NEW 48V MODELS
- DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION OF 48V TECHNOLOGY
OEM’S IMPLEMENTING 48 VOLT TECHNOLOGY
- SUPPLIERS DEVELOPING 48 VOLT SYSTEMS
- 48V HOLDS THE POWER OF LIFE OR DEATH OVER THE DIESEL
48-VOLT ELECTRIFICATION THROWS DIESEL A LIFELINE
- REPLACING THE DIESEL WITHOUT INCREASING GHGS
- CHINA’S NEW EMISSIONS REGULATIONS CATCHES UP WITH OTHER MARKETS
- EVOLUTION OF 48V SYSTEMS - CONNECTING THE DOMAINS OF POWERTRAIN AND POWER SUPPLY
FORD'S 48V MILD HYBRID ARCHITECTURE
- OPPORTUNITIES AND NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR NEXT GENERATION ARCHITECTURES
- 12V LOAD MIGRATION TO 48V
- ELECTRIFICATION OF AUXILIARIES AND ACTUATORS
- DEPLOYEMENT OF 48V: CURRENT STATUS AND FUTURE OUTLOOK
RENAULT SCENIC HYBRID ASSIS
- EXTEND 48V USAGE TO ACCESSORIES
- STANDARDIZATION FOR INTEROPERABILITY AND COST REDUCTION
TO READ THE FULL STORY
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.