We spoke to Ben Le, Director of the Intelligent Driving Institute at VinFast, Vietnam’s only OEM (original equipment manufacturer) on the country’s AV market.
Read the interview to get insights on:
- How Vietnam measures up to other Asian countries in terms of AV development
- The key challenges the industry faces
- How VinFast plans to tackle them
- The regulatory situation for AVs in Vietnam
Autonomous vehicles (AV) are gradually becoming more commonplace in Asia, with both public and private transport tapping into their potential, especially in Singapore, Japan, South Korea, China and Hong Kong. However, innovation has stagnated of late — will 5G be the saviour the industry is waiting for? Read more to find out!
Here we explore five of these partnerships that are currently making head way in the AV space.
- Uber and Volvo
- Toyota and Amazon, Mazda, Pizza Hut and Uber
- Volkswagen and Aurora
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye
- Daimler and Bosch
In this ebook we explore why the mid-2020s are being highlighted as a potential tipping point? What technological achievements need to happen? Where will the industry be?
The global AV market is expected to expand to $173.15 billion within the next five years. In Asia in particular, the spotlight is being shone intently on how AV can become part of a sustainable solution to keep many of the world’s most populous cities moving. In this report we examine Autonomous Vehicles in Asia, looking at their current and future readiness. Read about:
- Market status by region
- Key technology breakthroughs
- An in-depth interview with Pete Kelly, Managing Director of LMC Automotive
Download the Presentation - Benefits, Barriers and Forecasting Timelines from Autonomous Vehicles (AVs)
Past Presentation from Our Speaker Pete Kelly, LMC AUTOMOTIVE for Autonomous Vehicles 2018.
- Benefits, opportunities and threats from self-driving vehicles (AVs)
- Barriers to adoption
- Forecasting timelines