Mohit Asher and Tobias Brandin from Volvo discuss how driving simulator concepts can improve ride control performance and enhance rider comfort. Download the full presentation.
The Presentation covers:
• Connecting attributes and design
• Chassis concept testing and tuning
- Early confirmation of wheel program
- Subjective feedback for suspension targets
- Suspension concept testing
• Assess impact of active components
Prof. Dr. Ing. Peter Michel discusses lightweight technologies and materials for suspension systems in order to overcome global competition. Download the full presentation.
Structural monitoring of suspension parts is getting more important as it enables life monitoring, predictive maintenance. Polymer Matrix Composite (PMC) technologies allow the usage of structurally embedded sensors to aid this task, giving suspension systems the capability to gather simultaneous data such as road conditions, loading characteristics, status of structural integrity, etc.
Expand your knowledge with this Presentation by Ford Otosan on Smart Composite Structures for Heavy Duty Suspension Systems.
The Presentation covers the following topics:
• Composite applications on suspension systems: Smart Composite parts with integrated sensors
• Future of sensor embedded PMC composite systems.
• Case study: a heavy duty leaf spring with integrated sensors
Emerging automotive technology such as EV and AV is round the corner. Many Tier-I suppliers will feel the heat of changing technology needs and some of them may get displaced due to obsolescence. We as suspension community need to strategize our offerings in a smart manner so that we play a larger role in the new world of automotive disruption and continue to serve the industry in rapidly changing environment.
Learn more about this topic in this presentation by Rajendra Abhange (Gabriel).
Autonomous driving and electrification trends will have an impact on car dynamics.
Learn more in the Presentation on ADAS and Electrification impacts on Suspension Systems covering the following areas:
• Review of current trends impacting suspensions
• Showcase of main forecast regarding shock absorbers technologies
• Understand impact of ADAS on chassis components
Presented by Patricio Barbale, Senior Analyst – Chassis Components at IHS Markit.
Are regenerative dampers a worthy investment? Giardano Greco from Magneti Marelli has analyzed different suspension technologies to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each.
The following technologies have been analyzed:
• Linear Electro-mechanical
• Ball-screw Electro-mechanical
• Rack and pinion Electro- mechanical
• Rotary damper
Active suspension control system is a leading technology, although it may require additional evaluation in each case. Learn more in the presentation from Politecnico di Milano On Road Preview for Active Suspensions.
The presentation will discuss some basic technical issues related to the usefulness of road-preview for passenger cars equipped with active suspensions.