Agenda Day 1
Tuesday, July 30th, 2019
This presentation will elaborate on the role that advanced active suspension systems (including
artificial intelligence) will play in the successful launch of autonomous vehicles.
• Design changes
• Application for new passenger experience
• Future challenges
The demand for advanced suspension technology has increased as there is promise for more
cost effective solutions. Semi –active suspensions are fully developed and widely accepted at
present. New advanced technologies are arising and premium car OEMs are coming out with
new features. In this panel the experts will discuss this trend and focus on such questions as:
• What are the real drivers of these technologies?
• Is there a real need for advanced systems such as 3-chamber air suspension or active
• Discussing market trends, end-user expectations and future demand
• Who will have the system responsibility in the future, the OEM or the Tier 1 supplier?
Agenda Day 2
Wednesday, July 31st, 2019
2:30 PM ROUND TABLE SESSIONS
Choose your main discussion topic and deepen your knowledge in
close dialogue with experts by pointed questions.
Table 1 | Chances and challenges in development of mechatronic systems
• Adding E/E and interactions with ADAS and AD
• Integrated controls in the framework of AD
Table 2 | Innovative weight reduction strategies at acceptable cost level for mass produced
cars Material innovations for weight reduction
• Between steel and aluminum: using combinations with composites
• Processing and design innovations to save cost: use of thermoplastics and SMC, new
design techniques, reduction of waste, use of cheaper raw materials
Table 3 | Increasing advanced suspension awareness among drivers
• Conveying technology appropriately to end users
• Justifying investment for technology, ROI
• A changing suspension industry and the future outlook for drivers
• Current practices and subsequent consideration