Agenda Day 1
Monday, September 17th, 2018
Effect of electromagnetic interference on battery systems
This presentation will discuss the following elements:
• Electromagnetic footprint of power electronic components in an electric vehicle
• Understand the effect of electromagnetic noise on battery systems
• Criticality of implications on the normal functioning of battery management system
• Ideas on how to design and protect battery systemS
Wednesday, September 19th, 2018
Focus: Performance tradeoff
With battery cost projections from different consultants around the globe, companies and consumers alike should handle the trilemma of what they want out of their electric vehicles the most – range (translating directly to energy density), charging rate (translating to the time taken for a full/partial charge at a charging station) or cycle life (directly proportional to the cost of ownership of the battery). All the current battery systems out there have a mutually exclusive parameter set for the most part and it’s time to reset the focus on what’s more important.
• What’s more important from a company’s sales perspective?
• What do consumers want?
• Can the parameter set be optimized?