Conference Day 1
Welcome & Registration
8:30 am - 9:15 am Registration and welcome coffee
8:45 am - 9:15 am WHO IS WHO WALL
Discover who else is participating in the conference. The matchmaking
picture wall will help you identify who you want to meet at the conference.
In cooperation with FUJIFILM
9:15 am - 9:30 am Chairperson's welcome
9:30 am - 10:00 am Best practice: Customer centricity in terms of lighting from an airline perspective
• Interkont-Lighting-Strategy @ Lufthansa
• The purpose of lighting on board
• Customer needs & benefits in the context of cabin lighting
Andrea LemkePassenger Experience Design
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
10:00 am - 10:30 am Human-Centric-Lighting – How to use it on board to reduce jetlag
• What does Human-Centric-Lighting (HCL) mean? Historic and scientific background
• HCL- Research in aviation - flight tests with Lufthansa A350
• Algorithm based HCL- solution to enhance passengers convenience and reduce jetlag
• New HCL- products for further convenience
Achim LederCo-Founder / Post-Doc
10:30 am - 11:00 am Speed networking
Maximise your networking outcome at this event by participating in these
fast-paced 1- to- 1 meetings. Get to know the other attendees and exchange your business cards.
The session is followed by a short break
11:00 am - 11:30 am Coffee break & networking
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Customizing passenger cabin with illumination
• Using existing state of the art technology like LEDs and combine with upcoming technics as e.g.
OLEDs, micro LEDs
• Creating illumination with moving effects and combine with moving pictures
• Having Airline and Passenger in focus, regarding wellbeing, HCL (Human Centric Lighting),
effects and passenger journey in mind
• Control via CMS (Cabin Management System)
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Enlighten, engage and excite: Lighting isn’t always top of mind for aircraft owners.
However, lighting technology has important health and comfort benefits that can’t be ignored.
The question is how you market lighting to the end user and excite them to use features like
Daylight Simulation or Circadian Rhythm Lighting.
• Key components of the campaign
• Testing / validation / documentation
• Launch planning
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm Networking luncheon
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Ice Breaker: What can we learn from cross-industry best practices. Maxima lighting up retail
• How retail chains tangle the challenges of innovative lighting
• From customer satisfaction to experiential shopping
• Using AI to streamline your operation and maximise revenues
• What can the airline industry take away from the world of retail?
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Cabin Lighting Integration - The OEM perspective
• Cabin lighting solutions in different segments: Commercial jets, executive jets and defense
• Cabin lighting evolution and future trends
• Aircraft integration aspects
Domingos Sávio BarbosaChief Engineering Office - Interior Electrical Systems
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Roundtable discussion
Use the time to interactively participate in an open round table
discussion. Feel free to choose
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Roundtable 1 | Lifecycle Management of Lighting Systems of An Airplane: When should we retrofit and at what costs? Is the ROI secured?
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Roundtable 2 | Combining Artificial Intelligence with Human Service to maximise revenues
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Roundtable 3 | Creating Lighting Requirements – What makes a good requirement? Not all requirements can be measured equally – How do you capture Design requirements?
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Coffee break & networking
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm The 777X Cabin development - An “illuminating” case study
• Our interior legacy 1950 to 2000
• Breakthrough: Dreamliner and sky interior
• The next great interior: The 777x
P.J. WilcynskiSenior Technical Fellow and Interiors Chief Architect
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm A greener, safer, quieter and more efficient airport - Reduce light and power usage
Manfred Mohr Assistant Director SESAR IATA
Manfred Mohr Assistant Director SESAR IATA
• OLEDs, LEDs and new other technologies
• Drones for airport and aircraft light inspection
• Taxiways and runways with new light and guidance equipment
Manfred MohrAssistant Director SESAR
5:15 pm - 5:25 pm Chairperson’s closing remarks
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm WORKSHOP A | Lighting safety requirements - Interior and exterior
This workshop is designed to give the attendee a good general overall view of the recent changes
in aircraft safety lighting systems since the introduction of LEDs. Use the time to interactively
participate in this workshop. Get to know the newest information about LEDs and open up the
discussion along the entire supply chain for innovative aircraft lighting.
• Cabin emergency lighting systems
• Placards and indicators
• Escape slides and egress
• Exterior LED lighting and the limitations
Lloyd FrancisEMEA Manager – Aerospace
6:45 pm - 8:45 pm EVENING GET-TOGETHER
Join our evening Get-Together and take this opportunity
to network and make new business contacts. Or just relax and round off your first